After building the Switch Sync Project, it’s time to perform a switch sync. You can perform three different syncs
· Switch Now – compares data from within the switch to data within the cairs.net database.
· Sync from File – compares data you have within a file to data within the cairs.net database.
· Resync from an existing report – compares the data generated in a report to data within the cairs.net database.
· After each type of sync has run successfully, cairs.net generates an out-of-sync records report. From this report, once you have modified the report or the cairs.net database, you can perform the last sync type (re-sync from existing report).
· When you created your switch sync project, you chose a comparison type and determined how the sync deals with certain records. If you choose the compare all type, the sync compares all data from both databases. Once complete, cairs.net generates reports with the out-of-sync data for both the cairs.net database and the switch. The alternate comparison type, Ignore Not in Switch compares both databases but generates a report showing switch records not within cairs.net. However, the report does not show the records in cairs.net that are not in the switch.
Performing a Switch Sync
This type of sync compares your existing cairs.net database to the switch database.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click Switch Sync Project.
4. The Switch Sync Project list opens to the right. Within the list, double click the project to schedule.
5. The General-Import screen opens. Within the Synchronize ribbon group, click the Sync Now button.
6. The Scripts window opens displaying the list of switch scripts that commit the information to the switch.
7. Click the plus (+) sign next to the script name to view a list of parameters and values that are required for the script to run successfully, complete all parameters (fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required).
8. By clicking the appropriate button at the bottom of the popup you perform one of the following actions:
· Run Unattended – click this button if you have scheduled the sync to occur in the future. This allows cairs.net to run the sync at the scheduled time. If there is no schedule in place, the sync runs immediately.
· Cancel – click this button to cancel the sync and close the popup.
9. Once the sync is complete, you can view the report by clicking the Sync Results button within the Report ribbon group.