Switch syncs can be set up to run at a set time by creating a sync schedule. Existing sync schedules can also be modified or deleted.
Creating a Sync Schedule
Switch syncs can be scheduled to run automatically on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click EWSD Switch Sync.
4. The Switch Sync list opens to the right, displaying switch name and types. Double click the switch name to synchronize.
5. The Switch Sync – [Switch Recurrence] window opens. The top pane displays two columns: the Sync Type and the Next Date Time column. This pane displays the four available sync types.
6. Click the sync type you want to schedule.
7. Once you have highlighted the sync type, type the sync start time in the Appointment time box. Use the arrow keys to increase or decrease the time.
8. Within the Recurrence pattern pane, select how often to perform the sync. There are three choices:
· Daily – you can schedule the sync to occur every day, every 1 -7 days, or every weekday.
· Weekly – you can schedule the sync to occur every week, every other week, etc. You will also provide the day of the week to perform the sync.
· Monthly – you can schedule the sync on a monthly basis and choose within that month when you want the sync performed. For example, you can schedule the sync on the 1st of every month (or every other month, etc.) or; you can schedule the sync on the 3rd Saturday of every month (or every other month, etc.).
9. Within the Range of recurrence pane, enter the Start date using the drop-down calendar. From the calendar, select the date to start the switch sync. To change the year, click the current year to access a set of up and down arrows. Click the appropriate arrow to select the year. To change the month, click the right or left arrow. Once at the appropriate month, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box
10. To save this schedule, go to the Schedule ribbon group, and click the Save Schedule button.
11. The top pane will display the date and the time of your scheduled sync in the Next Date Time column.
12. To exit, click Close.