To resolve out-of-sync set device records cairs.net offers an import function that brings switch records into the cairs.net database
To minimize errors and speed up the import process, resolve all analog sets first and then all main listed numbers of digital sets (#1 button). Any other appearances of those main digital sets should be resolved last.
Skip steps #1 through #5 if you have just completed a manual Set Device Sync and/or you are already in the Switch Sync window.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click Switch Sync Project.
4. The Switch Sync list opens to the right, displaying switch names. Double-click a switch name.
5. The Switch Sync – [Switch Recurrence] window opens.
6. To view and resolve the out-of-sync set device records (data within cairs.net but not in the switch, or data within the switch but not in cairs.net), go to the Set Device Sync ribbon group and click on the Out of Sync button. The Sync Details pane opens displaying the out-of-sync data.
7. Double-click an out-of-sync record you would like to resolve.
8. The Switch Sync Import window opens displaying two panes:
· Cairs Data pane – displays the set device details if the record is in the cairs.net database and not in the switch.
· Switch Data pane – displays the set device details if the record is in the switch and not in cairs.net.
Note: If a set device record exists in cairs.net but not in the switch, the record will display in the Cairs Data pane and the Switch Data pane will be blank. Go to Configured ItemsSet ManagementConfigured Sets. Delete the set device records from cairs.net since they are not in the switch.
9. Review the record and add field values s as necessary. Click the Import button to bring the record into the cairs.net database.
10. The Switch Sync Import Additional Values window opens. Choose a Set Type Name and Template Name, using the drop-downs.
11. Click Continue to bring the out-of-sync set device record into cairs.net database.
12. That record now appears in the In Sync pane (click the In Sync button to view), and the Sync Log updates the number of out of sync records (click on the Sync Log button to view).
13. To exit, click Close.