Top of Page
Creating a Switch Sync Project allows administrators to compare the database residing within the switch to the database within cairs.net. For each switch sync type, an administrator creates a new project and for each switch, you will have up to six projects. Each project allows you to schedule and perform syncs, view sync logs, etc. In order for you to create a switch sync project, you must have created and established a connection with each switch from within cairs.net. To learn more about how to do this, please see the Switches section.
Adding a Switch Sync Project
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click Switch Sync Project. There are two ways to add a project:
· Within the tool bar directly above the Navigation pane, click the dropdown arrow next to New. From the list select Switch Sync Project.
· Within the Actions pane, click the Add New Switch Sync Project link.
4. With either option, the General-Import screen opens. Complete the following fields. Required fields are marked with as asterisk (*):
· Project Name* – type-in the project name.
· Switch Name* – click on the dropdown arrow to access a list and from the list, select the switch you wish to sync with.
· Script Name* – click the dropdown arrow to access a list and from the list, select the script needed to perform the sync.
· Action* – click the dropdown arrow to access a list and from the list, select one of the sync types: Port, Number Plan, Number Plan Listing, Feature Key Maps, Configured Sets, Hunt Group Members, Switch Speed Dial, Switch Hunt Group Members.
· Auto Update – click the field to insert a checkmark in the box allowing auto-update.
· Description – type-in a project description.
· Comparison Type – click the dropdown arrow to access a list and from the list, select one of the following options:
· Compare All – compares everything in/out of the database.
· Ignore Not In Switch – ignores records in cairs.net that are not in the switch.
5. After completing the required information, within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (save and stay) button, Save & Close (save and return to the project list) or Save & New (save and refresh) to add a new project.
Top of Page