To resolve out-of-sync FKM data, cairs.net offers an import function that brings in the FKMs from the switch into the cairs.net database.
Skip steps #1 through #5 if you have just completed a manual sync and/or you are already in the Switch Sync window.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to Data Sync Center to expand the menu items.
3. Click on EWSD Switch Sync Project.
4. The Switch Sync Project list opens to the right. Within the list, double click the project to view.
5. The Switch Sync – [Switch Recurrence] window opens. Double click the sync project
6. To view the out-of-sync data (data in the switch but not in cairs.net), within the FKM Sync ribbon group, click the Out of Sync button.
7. The Sync Details pane opens displaying the out-of-sync FKM data.
8. To resolve all discrepancies at once and import all out-of-sync ports into cairs.net, click the lower portion of the Out of Sync button (within the FKM Sync ribbon group) to access a dropdown list. From the list, select Import All.
9. To resolve individual records one by one, double-click a record to review.
10. The Switch Sync window opens displaying two panes:
· Cairs Data pane – displays the FKM details if the record is in the cairs.net database and not in the switch.
· Switch Data pane – displays the FKM details if the record is in the switch and not in cairs.net.
11. If the information within the cairs.net pane is populated, the FKM exists within the cairs.net database and not in the switch. You can delete the set from cairs.net by clicking the Delete button within the Switch Sync Import popup. There is no undo button so once you click delete the set is gone.
12. If the information within the switch pane is populated, the FKM exists within the switch but not in the cairs.net database. You can import the individual FKM by clicking the Import button within the Switch Sync Import popup.
13. To exit, click Close.