A switch technician or cairs.net administrator is responsible for adding and configuring the switch settings and should be consulted before adding any settings.
1. Click the Switches menu in the lower pane of the left panel.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Switches.
3. Within the Actions pane, click the View Switch Settings link.
4. The View Switch Settings window opens. Depending on the number of settings you have within your database, the list may or may not immediately populate. There are two ways to populate the list if needed:
· Within the search box, type-in any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
5. Within the View Switch Settings pane, click the row marked with an asterisk (*) to add a new record.
6. Configure the following fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Setting Type*– click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select either: None, General, or Common.
· Setting Category* – type-in the setting category.
· Setting Name* – type-in the specific setting name.
· Switch Type – type-in the setting switch type.
· Data Type – click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select the data type: String, Number, or Boolean.
· Description – type-in a brief setting description.
· Help – enter additional help comments.
7. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (to save and stay) or click Save & Close (to save and exit).
Top of Page