Class of Service determines your telephone system’s service set up based on dialing plan. For example, internal calls require only the extension, or may require the extension and a preceding number. Outside calls may require a preceding code number (i.e. 9 or 98, etc).For EWSD switches, class of service is DSN Access.
You can add, modify, and delete a switch’s Classes of Service within the Switches Menu.
Adding a Class of Service
You can add a class of service to an existing switch record through the Switches Menu.
1. Click the Switches Menu in the lower pane of the left panel.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Switches.
3. Before the Switches list populates you must either:
· Within the search box, type-in any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Within the list, double click the Switch to view. The General – Switch window opens.
5. Within the Show ribbon group, click on the Class of Service button. The screen changes to display the different classes associated with the switch.
6. Click the top row marked with an asterisk (*) to add a new record. Type-in the following class of service information (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Class of Service – type-in the switch code for the class of service (commonly, the code is numeric, however, if you have an EWSD the code can be alpha-numeric).
· Description – type-in a brief class description.
· Class of Service Name – click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list select the class of service name (if there are no names within the list, you can add them through Switches ->Actions pane -> Manage Class of Service Name).
7. To continue adding multiple items, click the row marked with an asterisk (*).
8. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (save and stay) to continue working with the switch or Save & Close (save and exit) to return to the switches list.