Service types are categories you place services into, for example, Labor, Features, Lines, etc.
Adding Service Types
1. Click Equipment/Services from the menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Services.
3. You will have two alternatives for Managing Service Types :
· Within the toolbar directly above the Navigation pane, click the Manage service types button.
· Within the Action pane, click the Manage service types link.
! If you are unable to view the Actions pane, you may need to use the scroll bar to the right of the Navigation pane to reveal the menu choices. Or using your mouse point at the Separation bar, and when the up/down arrow appears, right-click the line and hold it to pull the line down.
4. Using either of the choices, The Manage service types window opens. Click the top row, marked with an asterisk (*), to add a new record. The line highlights.
5. Type the following information (*)):(required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)):
· Service Name – type the service type name, for example, labor, man-hours, etc.
· Inventory Policy – click the field to access a drop-down list and select the appropriate policy. There are three policies to choose from:
· None – select if you have no inventory policy in place.
· Manage Individual Items – select to keep track of the individual services.
· Manage Total Quantity – select to keep track of the total quantity of the provided service.
· Allow Cost Adjustment – click the field to insert a checkmark to allow any user the ability to modify the cost of the service.
· Return Policy* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the return policy for the service, the following two choices are available:
· Never – when selected, the service is deleted from the database and does not return to the available quantity.
· Always – when selected, the service returns to your available quantity allowing you to keep an accurate count of your inventory
! The return policy is directly related to the inventory policy. The options within the list vary depending on the policy selected. For example, if you select Manage Individual Items, the return policy list only includes Always.
· Default Zero Cost Billing Policy – to select the default zero cost policy, click the field to access a drop-down list and from the list select: Do Not Bill, Bill as One Time Charge or Bill as Recurring Charge. This selection allows you to include a service in a bill that is not charged. The service can appear in either the one-time or recurring charge section of the bill. If you choose to not include these service items within the bill, select Do Not Bill.
· Type of Service Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, select the type of service
· Report Category – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, from the list select the report category.
6. To add another service type, click the Save button within the Actions ribbon group and repeat steps #5 and #6.
7. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (to save and stay) to continue working with service types, or Save & Close (to save and exit) to return to the Service list.
Top of Page