1. Click Equipment/Services from the menu.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Services.
3. Depending on the amount of records you have within your database, the list may not readily populate. To populate the list, perform one of the following actions:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. Within the list, double-click the service item you want to assign. The Services window opens.
5. Within the Show ribbon group, click the Items button.
6. The window changes to the Items view. Click the top line marked with an asterisk (*), to add new items. Complete the following information for the piece of service (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)):
· Warehouse Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the warehouse name.
· Vendor Name – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the vendor name
· Serial Number – type the serial number, if applicable. If no serial numbers are present, cairs.net automatically fills in “None.”
· Purchase Order Number – type the purchase order for the service item
· Site – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and select the site. The site drop-down list displays the bottom-most site first. After the ~~ is the complete path to the site. In the example below, we selected the Henderson site, which is a child to Las Vegas. Each site level is separated by a >.
· Item Status* – click the field to access a drop-down list and select whether the item is Existing (in stock) or Unavailable (out-of-stock).
· Total Quantity Available – type the total quantity available for this serial number, the field defaults to 1
· Total Quantity Used – once an equipment item is used, this field displays the total number or items used or assigned within your database.
· Assigned – this field auto displays with the assignment for the piece of service. If the service is unassigned the field displays a “No"
· Rack, Shelf, and Bin – type the rack, shelf and bin name or number to provide the location of the service item within the warehouse.
· Item Information 1 – 4 – use these fields to type any additional information regarding the service item.
7. To add another piece of service, click the Save & New button within the Actions ribbon group and repeat step #5.
8. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (to save and stay) to continue working with service types or Save & Close (to save and exit) to return to the Service list.
Top of Page