1. Click Configured Items.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Set Management and then Configured Sets.
3. Before the Configured Set list populates, you must either:
· Within the search box, type-in any portion of the record and then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All button.
4. The Configured Sets lists opens to the right, displaying all existing sets. Double-click the set to modify.
5. The Set Management window opens.
6. There are two sections within the Buttons Properties pane, the left section displays a list of the buttons associated to the set, and this includes all buttons types. The right section displays the information associated with the highlighted button.
7. Within the left hand section, highlight the button to which to add the telephone number onto. Within the right hand section a list of links appear. Click the Add Number link.
8. The pane changes to allow you to add the information relating to the button, complete the following button information (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
! The fields that appear within your Button Properties pane may differ from those listed below. The fields displayed are determined the switch selected within the Device Properties pane. Below is a list of the basic information for adding a telephone number to a button.
· Appearance Type – this field defines the appearance of the telephone number. The field auto-populates with one of the following options:
· Single – this designates that the telephone number appears on this set once
· Multiple Primary and Multiple Secondary – these fields work together to describe the telephone listing that appears on the button, if multiple primary is listed, there are two appearances of the same telephone number on the set, the second appearance is listed as multiple secondary. For example, if 2160017 is listed on button 5 and 10, the button listing that was added first is designated Multiple Primary, the other button is designated as Multiple Secondary.
· Directory Number* – click the field to access the Directory Number Plans table. There are three ways to populate the table:
· Click the dropdown arrow within the Number Plan field and from the list select the plan. Once selected, either click the Next link to have cairs.net automatically select the next number in the sequence or click the Show All button to display a complete list of numbers. Within the list, double click the number, the table closes, and the number appears within the field.
· Within the Search textbox, type-in the number or portion of the number and then click the magnifying glass. When the list populates, double click the number. The table closes, and the number appears within the field.
· Within the lower pane, click the Click Here link to view all the numbers. When the list populates, double click the number. The table closes, and the number appears within the field.
· Trouble Priority – type-in the trouble restoration priority number, 1 to 99 (1 is the most important, while 99 is the least important), for the set. Cairs.net uses this field to determine the priority when you initiate a trouble ticket on this set.
· Yearly Audit Date – click the field to access a drop-down arrow. Once clicked a calendar appears. From the calendar, select the date to audit the button/set. To change the month and year, click the right or left arrow, and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Install Date – click the field to access a drop-down arrow. Once clicked, a calendar appears. From the calendar, select the date to install the button/set. To change the date, click the field to access a dropdown calendar. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow, and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Job Description – type-in the job description for the person using this set.
· Official Symbol – type-in the office symbol.
· Contact Phone Number – type-in the contact telephone number for the person using this set.
· Key Word – type-in a name or description that allows your operators to perform a quick search on the telephone number. For example, if the telephone number belongs to the Library you would type Library into this field for an easier 411 search.
· Publishing – click the drop-down arrow to access a list and from the list select one of the following publishing options:
· Published – if selected, this listing appears in any printed or online directory.
· Non-published – if selected, this listing will not appear in any printed or online directory.
· Classified – if selected, this listing appears in the classified directory only.
· Temporary – if selected, this appears as a temporary listing.
· Alternate – if selected, the Alternate Number appearing in the Alt Number field is shown in place of the original number in both the printed and online directories.
· Alt Number – type-in the alternate telephone number for the publishing.
· Directory Misc 1 -10 – use these fields for any miscellaneous directory information.
9. Within the Actions ribbon group, click the Save button (save and stay) to continue working with this set or click the Save & Close button (save and exit).
10. Although you have created the set and saved it within your database, you have not created the appearance within the switch. To do so, click the Go button within the Run Time ribbon group.
Top of Page