You can associate a few different account numbers to a circuit for the different charge types associated with your equipment and services. For example, you can a separate account numbers for recurring and one-time charges. Alternatively, you can have one account number for all charges associated with the equipment and services.
Adding an Account for Equipment and Services
1. Click the Configured Items menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click Circuits.
3. Before the Circuit list populates, you must either:
· Within the search box, type any portion of the record, then click the magnifying glass.
· Click the Show All link.
4. The Circuit lists, displaying all existing circuits. Double-click the circuit to modify.
5. The General-Circuit window opens.
6. Within the Accounts for Equipment and Services pane, click the row marked with the asterisk to enter in a new account number for the equipment and services. Complete the following fields, required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Charge Type* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list, then select one of the following choices:
· Both One Time and Recurring Charges – bills the account for all one time and recurring charges
· Recurring Charges - bills the account for only recurring charges
· One-time Charges – bills the account for only one- time charges
· Site* – once you click any of the drop-down lists, the site name auto-populates with the site selected on the General-Circuit Device window.
· Subscriber Name – click on the drop-down arrow to access a list, and from the list select the appropriate subscriber
· Organization – if you have selected an account number associated to an organization, that organization name populates within the field. This is a read only field.
· Account Number* – click the drop-down arrow to access a list of the account numbers and their associated organizations. If an account number is associated to multiple organizations, the account number appears in the list multiple times, for example if account number 2424 is associated to three different organizations, there are three appearances of the account number within the drop-down. Each account number references the different organization name.
· From the list, select the account number and organization responsible for the charges.
! When you create an account number, you can assign it to an organization or to a subscriber; this designates the account as official or unofficial. If you select an account with an organization, it is most likely an Official Account. If you select an account where the organization is blank, it is most likely an Unofficial account and associated to a subscriber.
· Billing Start Date* – click the drop-down arrow to access a calendar, from the calendar select the date to start the billing. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
· Billing End Date – click the drop-down arrow to access a calendar, from the calendar select the date to stop the billing for the equipment or service. To change the month and year click the right or left arrow and once at the appropriate month and year, click the number to select the date. The date populates in the box.
7. Within the Actions ribbon group, click Save (to save and stay) to continue working with the circuit, or click Save & Close (to save and exit) to return to the Circuit list.
Top of Page