When you left-click anywhere within ‘The List’ pane a small popup opens, this popup allows you to perform various functions to customize your cairs.net. The following options are available:
· Rename field everywhere – left-click on any column header or field name to rename the field everywhere in cairs.net
· Rename field in view – left-click on any column header of field to rename the field in this view/menu option only
· Mask on field everywhere – left-click on any column header or field to change the mask for the field everywhere in cairs.net. A mask defines allowable character types within the field. For instance, if you entered in a group of pound (#) signs as the mask, only numbers would be allowed in the field.
· Mask on field in view - left-click on any column header or field to change the mask for the field in this view/menu option only. A mask defines allowable character types within the field. For instance, if you entered in a group of pound (#) signs as the mask, only numbers would be allowed in the field.
· Change field required everywhere – this customization is helpful when you are in actual component, by right clicking on any field you can make that field required everywhere within the software. For example, if you are in a set and right click on Room and Jack to require everywhere, the fields are now required when you add a circuit, cell phone, etc. Anywhere that field appears it is now an entry is now required before you can save the record.
· Change field required in view – this customization is helpful when you are in an actual component, you can make a field required in just that view. That means that if you are in a set and right click on the Subscriber field and make it required in this view, anytime you add or modify a set an entry in the Subscriber field is required. To remove the requirement, right click on the field again and select Change field required in view.
· Copy – this selection allows you to copy the contents of a field and paste to another.
· Customize – left-click anywhere to access the Customize Display popup. This popup allows you to completely customize the appearance of the list. There are three panes within the popup: Customize For, Column Layout and Column Properties.
· Customize For – click the dropdown arrow to access of list, from the list select who you want to customize the list for:
· Myself – this selection allows you to customize the list for your login only
· Selected Profile – when selected an additional pane appears allowing you to select the Profiles that can view the custom layout. Click the box in the Selected column to add the profile to allow the profile to view the layout.
· Entire System – this selection customizes the layout for all users.
1. Column Layout – within this pane, you can change the order of the columns as they appear in the list. To change the line, click and hold the column header. Drag the column header to the new position within the line display. Two red arrows appear on each side of the header when it is available to be dropped into place.
· Column Properties – within this pane, you can determine field visibility, field column width, and whether fields appear in search results.
· Caption – displays the field name, this is a read-only field.
· Visible – this defaults to contain a checkmark to inidcate that the field is visible in the display, click the field to remove the checkmark to remove it from the display
· Column Width – this field determines the width of the column, click on the field and type the new length, the higher the number the wider the column.
· Hidden in Search – click the field to insert a checkmark to hide this field in the Advanced Search
· When you completed customizing the list, click on the Save and Close button to close. Your cusomtization will not take effect right away, you will need to exit the list and re-enter to see your changes.
· Remove this column – left-click on any column header to remove the field from the line display. If you remove a column, a new option appears, Show Column, when selected a list of the columns you have removed appear. Within the list select the column header to re-add to the list.
· Reset Column Visibility – select this to reset the column visibility to the defaults, any removed column will re-appear within the line display.
· Reset Saved Sort – when you click on any column header you can sort the list based on that field, when you select this, the list returns to the default sort.
Collapsing the Panes
Collapse the Navigation and Main Menu panes when you need to provide more room within the cairs.net window for list results or panes.
1. Clicking the double arrow next to the selected Main Menu option name collapses the Navigation and Main Menu panes.
The screenshot below shows the collapsed Main Menu and Navigation pane.
The double arrow >> now points to the right. To maximize the panes, click the double arrow.
Top of Page