Feature Management allows the user to manage features that are available within your multiple switch types. When a switch supports a feature, each switch requires a different code; within feature management, you can manage the different codes within one screen. Additionally, you can manage the dependencies and decision makers for the feature.
Add New Switch Feature Management
1. From the main menu, click Switches.
2. Within the Navigation pane, click Feature Management.
3. Within the Actions pane, click the Add New Switch Feature Management link.
4. The General – Feature Management window opens.
5. There are three panes of information:
· General Feature Information
· Switch Features, Decision Makers and Feature Dependencies
· Add Feature Code
6. Within the General Feature Information pane, type-in the name of the feature, for example Call Forward, Auto Display, etc.
7. Within the Switch Feature, Decision Makers and Feature Dependencies pane, complete the following information (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Switch Type* – click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select the switch type for this particular feature. Once you select a switch type, a new line populates at the top of the list allowing you to keeping adding information. Keep in mind that you can use this same feature for multiple switch types, with each new line representing a new switch.
· Group Feature Name – if the feature you’re adding belongs to a certain group of features (optional and most leave this blank)
· Manufacturer Feature Name – the switch acronym used for the feature (CFB, AUD, ABDA, BUZZ, etc.)
· Feature Category* – you must create the feature for each possible category this feature can be used for. Click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select one of the following.
· Analog – select this option if this is an analog feature.
· Digital – select this option if this is a digital feature.
· ISDN – select this option if this is an ISDN feature.
· IP – select this option if this is an IP feature.
· Key – select this option if the feature is added to a key as a key feature opposed to a phone feature.
· Add Sort Order – type-in the sort order for adding the feature to a set. The sort order indicates the position in which cairs.net adds the feature to the set. An Add Sort Order of 2 will indicate this feature is added before any feature with a Add Sort Order of 3.
· Delete Sort Order – type-in the sort for deleting the feature from the set. A Delete Sort Order of 2 will indicate this feature is removed before any feature with a Delete Sort Order of 3.
· Hybrid Digital* – click the box to insert a checkmark indicating the feature is a hybrid digital
8. It is a good idea to save the information that you input. Within the Actions ribbon group click the Save button.
9. The next step is to define any decision -makers related to the feature. Click the plus (+) sign next to the switch name. A group of lines open below.
10. Within the first line, and if applicable, complete the following fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Decision Field Name – requires prompts from the switch when adding this feature.
· Value – all of the possible answers to the decision prompt.
· Field Help – optional area to provide feedback to the users for each decision value.
· Always Pick From List – a checked box indicates the list of values under the decision are the ONLY possible answers for the switch prompt.
11. Within the second line, click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select the dependency feature.
12. Click the SAVE button prior to completing the third line, if you don’t, the Manufacturer Feature Line will be blank in the next step.
13. With the third line complete the following fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk (*):
· Software Load* – click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select the appropriate software load associated with the switch
· Manufacturer Feature Name* – click the field to access a dropdown list and from the list, select the manufacturer feature name associated with the software load and switch.
14. Save the information you have input. Within the Actions ribbon group, click the Save button.
15. Before any cairs.net can add any feature into the switch, you much enter the code or language that the switch understands.
16. Within the first line, click a line to highlight the feature you want to add the code to. This is an important step because you can manage the same feature for several switches within this window.
17. Within the Add Feature Code pane, type-in the code required by the switch to properly install this feature on the set.
18. At the same time, you can enter in the Delete Feature code information. Within the lower part of the pane, click the Delete Feature Code tab. The pane changes to allowing you to type-in the code to delete the feature from the set.
19. Within the Actions ribbon group, click the Save & New button to clear the screen to allow you to continue adding features or click on the Save & Close button to return you to the main menu.