The Emergency Response Location is the
location of where an emergency responder will be dispatched to. This location should be specific enough that
the responder can quickly location the caller.
Why do we have this? With most
phones going the way of VoIP, an ERL make it possible to assign a group of
phones to a zone within a building.
Within each building you will create the
ERLs. When you create a set, it will be
assigned into the ERL.
Adding an ERL
the Facilities menu.
the Navigation pane, click Buildings.
populate the Buildings list, you must either:
Within the search box, type the building
name or portion of the name and then click the magnifying glass.
Click the Show All button.
4. When the Building list opens, double-click the building name.
5. The Building window opens. Within the lower pane, click on the
Emergency Response Location tab.
6. Click on the blank row marked with an asterisk (*) to add a new
7. Enter in the following information for the ERL:
Emergency Location Extension
Emergency Location Floor
Emergency Location Room
8. Once the fields are complete, click Save (to save and stay)
to continue working with frame records, or click Save & Close (to
save and exit) to return to the Building list.