Two scenarios will prevent you from deleting an org level. First, if the org level is associated to any record within your database, you must move the records to another level. Second, the level must be at the bottom of the hierarchy, you cannot delete level 2 without first deleting level 3.
1. Click the System Admin menu.
2. In the Navigation pane, click the plus sign (+) next to System Settings. Click Organization Levels.
3. The Organization Levels list opens to the right.
4. Within the list, highlight the level to delete. There are three ways to delete a level:
· Within the tool bar directly above the Navigation pane, click the red X.
· Within the Actions pane, click the Delete Org Level link.
· Double click the level name within the list. The Org Level window opens. Within the Actions ribbon group, click the Delete button.
5. Once you click Delete, a message box appears verifying that you really want to organization level, click Yes within the box to continue or No to cancel the operation.
6. If the site level is associated to a record or is not at the bottom of the hierarchy a warning message appears, this means that you still have assignments that need to be reassigned.